Travelling around the seven seas may seem too inadequate these days.
The guys at TeleGeography charted the Internet undersea cable courses with incredible detail – and depicting the whole map as an Indiana Jones journal!
Image source: TeleGeography
According to the authors, here’s a summary of features:
– 293 active and planned submarine cables that are connecting the world under the ocean
– Countries with the largest number of submarine cable connections, giving them higher resiliency
– Changes to submarine cable capacity on major global routes from 1996-2015
– The hair-like strands of fiber optic cables connecting the world
– Aerial “photos” of major submarine cable landing stations
Check for yourself this cool, interactive map (and solve the puzzle)!